Specializing in asset protection and estate planning, Keila is attorney and owner of Inter Vivos in Beverly Hills, California. She was a temporary judge for over 20 years in the Los Angeles Superior Court and has earned multiple awards. Keila has been a serial entrepreneur for nearly 40 years. She has extensive real estate investing experience and has been actively involved in multi-million dollar real estate development projects.
Her initial experience as an attorney was in intellectual property law. Keila has consulted innumerable businesses with trademarks; trade secrets; and copyrights. She has also assisted start-up businesses with everything from business plans to obtaining funding from angel investors as well as venture capitalists.
Keila believes in pragmatic approaches to complex issues. She considers resolving matters expeditiously and amicably to the extent possible. Most recently, she decided to leave litigation and focus only on Estate Planning and Asset Protection. She speaks conversational Japanese and enjoys reading and photography.
- J.D. Glendale University College of Law (Graduated in 1996)
- Pepperdine School of Law- Mediating the Litigated Case Program
- 24+ years of practicing experience as an attorney
- 30+ years as a real estate investor
- 20+ years as a Temporary Judge for the Los Angeles Superior Court
- Practice areas: Estate planning, Business Planning, and Asset Protection
- Drafting Last Testament, Financial Power of Attorney, Assignment of Personal Property, Advanced Health Care Directive, Medical Power of Attorney, HIPAA consent, Living Will, Certificate of Trust, Revocable and Irrevocable Trust, Dynasty Trust, Intentionally Defective Grantor’s Trust, Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust, Charitable Remainder Trust, Family Foundation, Equity Stripping, Friendly Liens, California Private Retirement Trust
- Member of California State Bar
- Member of Japanese American Bar Association
- Member of Lawyers With Purpose (LWP)
- Member of Wealth Counsel
- General counsel for Kyokushin Karate of Los Angeles 1995 to Present
- Reviewing, Drafting, and negotiating various contracts. Filing legal documents with the IRS and the Franchise Tax Board of California
- General counsel for 9th Circuit, Inc. with revenues of over $10 million in
- 1993 to Present
- Reviewing, Drafting, and negotiating various contracts.
- Co Instructed Classes for a U.C.L.A. program in Choice of Entity Instructed at Small Business Development projects in the County of Los Angeles
- Lectured at business meetings for real estate investment meetup groups
- Served as mediator at Los Angeles Superior Court for more than 7 years
- Serial entrepreneur with over 37 years of experience
Awards and Recognition
- AVVO Rating 10/10
- Recognized as “Super Lawyer” and “Top Attorney” by AVVO
- Awarded Certificate of Appreciation by Los Angeles Superior Court Temporary Judge Program for 20 years in a row
- Recognized as Top 10 Attorney by Attorney and Practice Magazine